Saturday, October 15, 2016

Boterkoek (Butter cake)



This is Boterkoek (Dutch Buttercake)

Ingredients:

2∕3 cup butter or 2∕3 cup margarine or 2∕3 cup half-and-half
1 cup sugar
1 1∕2 teaspoons almond extract
1 egg, beaten (reserve 1 tsp)
1 1∕2 cups flour
1∕2 teaspoon baking powder
sliced almonds, for garnish (optional)

Directions:
In medium bowl, mix together butter, sugar and almond extract.
. Add beaten egg except for 1 teaspoon.
. Sift flour and baking powder, and add to bowl, mixing with wet ingredients.
. Put dough in greased 9 inch pie plate.
. Mix the reserved 1 tsp of beaten egg with 1 tsp of water, and brush over dough.
. Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired. (My Oma always used the almonds, it looks pretty and adds a nice touch!).
. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until done (firm to the touch).

I use always real butter. That taste so good.
I never feel if it is firm, I look at the color,light golden brown and it is always good. I don't like to burn my fingers!!

Try it!! it is so easy! And tasty!



No comments: